Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Check your bunghole






YOu better check your bunghole. LIterally! I say this due to an unseen circumstance and situation. The just of the story is that I am ok and my bunghole is great and intact. Really though! I just recently went through a series of food poisoning. The last episode really hurt like hell. It felt as if my kidneys were infected and I got shot in the stomach. No joke, would not wish that pain of my worst enemy. When you are living with and experiencing pain, as an Anishinebg, you kinda lose focus of everything else and only worry about your pain. I mean to rate the pain from a 1 to 10, I would say the pain I experienced was about a 9. Talk about hurting and writhing in pain. 
I had another episode in January 2019. It landed me in the E.R and eventually a consult that lead me to have my colon examined. Yes, I said that. Upon initial discussion with the doc. it didn't feel as if anything was wrong with me or that I had cancer or anything like it. But the doc., myself, and the wife all discussed the issue at hand. The doctor advised me that he would not violate my bunghole, just kidding, but he advised that while I was having stomach issues, I might as well get the colonoscopy, just to be safe."
So, I inclined and waited for my instructions. To my surprise, I had to drink, drink a cocktail of salty water that tasted like no other jeebik root, I could think of. The first cup is not bad, its like when you get to your 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th and so on. The shit tastes bad. 
I warriored through the ordeal. YOu see, I have a high metabolism and the hunger that I had to endure during the whole process was just as extreme. The whole incident happened over the MLK holiday weekend and by the third or fourth day, I decided I needed to go home. Plus I needed to get off the clear liquid diet. Oh - yeah, I had graduated to a soft diet, but that might as well be no food at all, it was bad for an Indian. So, I endured the graduation from a clear diet to a soft food diet. It was for my safety and the safety of my stomach and all the internals that go with it. But, enough was enough, I was starting to expect that they were keeping me in the hospital longer than what I needed. 
Long story short. If you are a man and reading this, get your colon checked out and be proud of the fact. 
My father had colon cancer and I had a close friend that had colon cancer. They are both okay and in remission. They were both in their 50s and 60's before they ever got their colons checked. So, if you are in your middle 40's, and you have a stomach scare or whatever, get your colon checked. As the doctor reminded me, the sooner the better than your good for another 10 years. In my case, I think I will be good for the next 20 years but you never know. 
Enjoy and quit eating fried foods, junk foods, and processed foods, if not, at least start tapering yourself down on all that crappy food. I'm not saying I was indulging in all of that food in high intervals but it made me think of how much and what foods I put into my system now. 



No comments: